Making the potion
- Add 6 Snake Fangs to your mortar.
- Crush them into a fine powder using your mortar.
- Add 4 measures of the crushed fangs to your cauldron.
- Heat the mixture to 250 for 10 seconds.
- Wave your wand.
- Leave to Brew
- Add 4 Horned Slugs to your cauldron.
- Add 2 Porcupine Quills to your cauldron.
- Stir 5 times, clockwise.
- Wave your wand to complete the potion.
Time to return to cauldron
Points per hour ratio
- Pewter Cauldron: 4 points per hour
- Brass Cauldron: 4.6 points per hour
- Copper Cauldron: 5.3 points per hour
Students are able to practise brewing Cure for Boils at any time, as many times as they wish. When practising, you will not use or need any ingredients needed to brew the potion, but at the same time, students will not lose or gain any House Points if they fail/correctly brew the potion. Practising this potion takes a far shorter amount of time than brewing the potion regularly.