Gnomes are creatures that live in wizards' gardens. They are often seen as pests. To get rid of them, the should be grabbed by the feet, swung around a few times and then flung away, to confuse them. This is a temporary solution, however.
From the Story
Discovered in Book 2, Chapter 3, The Burrow
"Gnomes are small, tough-skinned creatures with large, bald heads and hard, horny feet. They live in gnomeholes and infest gardens, but fortunately are rather dim. De-gnoming a garden involves catching the gnomes and disorientating them by spinning them around and throwing them out of the garden, so that they cannot find their way back."
Discovered in Book 4, Chapter 5, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
"The gnomes in the garden at The Burrow often find themselves being chased by Crookshanks, Hermione's cat, during his visit. The gnomes laugh madly as they sprint through the rose bushes, closely pursued by the cat."
Gnomes on Pottermore
How to De-Gnome the Garden on Pottermore
- 1. When a gnome appears, click on its head and keep the button pressed to grab it.
- 2. Keep holding down the button to swing the gnome.
- 3. When you think the gnome is swinging fast enough, release the button to throw it over the hedge and out of the garden.
- 4. You’ll have to throw at least four gnomes over the hedge in the time allowed. An accurate and forceful throw will make the gnome fly past the tree stump, earning you a bonus.
- The tree stump is located 8 meters away from the hedge.
The only certified record is 15.91 m by AssenzioPatronus22095, who posted a video on Youtube where he does 15.91 and then tries to beat it but he cannot.