- The Shopping List is a collectable object. It is a list of required items for first year Hogwarts students.
|“||Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.||”|
|“||This shopping list includes all of the books and equipment you’ll need for the first year of Hogwarts.||”|
LocationThe Shopping List is in zoom layer two, on the floor in the middle of Diagon Alley.
- The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk [1 Galleon, Flourish and Blotts]
- A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot [2 Galleons, Flourish and Blotts]
- Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling [2 Galleons, Flourish and Blotts]
- A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch [1 Galleon, Flourish and Blotts]
- One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore [2 Galleons, Flourish and Blotts]
- Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger [2 Galleons, Flourish and Blotts]
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander [2 Galleons, Flourish and Blotts]
- The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble [1 Galleon, Flourish and Blotts]
- 1 wand [7 Galleons, Ollivanders]
- 1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) [15 Galleons, Potage's Cauldron Shop: see Tips below]
- 1 set glass or crystal phials [3/7 Galleons, Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment: see Tips below]
- 1 telescope [5 Galleons, Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment]
- 1 set brass scales [3 Galleons, Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment]
- Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad [5–15 Galleons, Eeylops Owl Emporium & Magical Menagerie: see Tips below]
First year uniform:
- Three sets of plain work robes (black)
- One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
- One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
- One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
- There is no difference between Glass Phials and Crystal Phials in game except the price, and it is only required to buy one of the two.
- You cannot buy Silver Scales before first buying Brass Scales, or a Brass or Copper Cauldron before a Pewter Cauldron.
- Before buying everything from the Shopping List and moving on to the next Moment, it can be accessed again from Diagon Alley by clicking on the list at the top right of the screen. After moving to Ollivanders and completing the List, you cannot view the list again when revisiting Diagon Alley, either by going back to the Moment or clicking on the relevant location in the Navigation Bar.
- Pets are not optional. If bought, serve as the player's avatar for the rest of the game. Once bought they cannot be removed or changed, and no more pets can be bought at this point.
- After the Shopping List is found it is stored in the Trunk, but cannot be read from there.
- Required items cannot be traded unless you have more than one, either by buying it from the relevant shop or by being given it. Spell and potion books cannot be bought more than once and are not found in the Trunk; they therefore cannot be traded at all.